The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter with an eye for detail and excellent communication skills, looking to build a career within our rapidly growing Control & Automation department and be ready to work on a wide range of projects for our customers.
Working as part of a friendly team where input is valued and recognised, IDS are looking for team players who can help fulfil its goals of growth and market penetration over the years ahead.
Driven by the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), IDS is well placed to embrace an exciting period of change in the provision of industrial automation, monitoring and analytical services and is looking forward to building additional team strength across all areas of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop solutions using a variety of applications, standards and technologies to meet our customer commitments
- Identify and correct technical issues in solutions through formal test practices
- Create, improve and implement standards and processes
- Provide customer/internal technical support
- Document solutions to company and customer standards
- Provide on-site installation, commissioning, start-up services and application training for our solutions
- Basic project management, define and monitor project scope and objectives
- Delivery of project milestones aligned with customer requirements, schedule and quality expectations
- Hard working, dynamic, motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Team player, flexible, tolerant and able to learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to travel and work on customer sites across Scotland and globally if required
- As an experienced engineer you will be able to demonstrate your passion and commitment to a career in an engineering environment, showing an aptitude for the design and development of industrial control and monitoring systems using a range of hardware and software products
- Project experience using PLCs, HMI, SCADA, Historian, MES and similar technologies is essential
- Further to this you will have significant experience using Siemens Step 7, WinCC and TIA portal software, this is an essential requirement for this role
- Experience using SCADA applications such as WinCC V7.X, Wonderware and FactoryTalk will be advantageous
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server) and common high-level programming languages (such as C#, VB.NET, VB, etc.) would be advantageous
- Project experience with VSD’s and intelligent motor starters is essential
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of control system hardware and software systems and their interaction with a wider, networked world is essential
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical/control systems designs, schematics and other project related drawings is essential
- Knowledge of relevant IEC standards such as BS EN 61131 and 61508 is essential
- Knowledge and appreciation of industrial processes, and in particular water industry processes would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Electrical Switchgear and Controlgear assemblies and relevant IEC standards such as BS EN 61439 would be advantageous
Qualifications & Skills:
- BSc, BEng. Electronic/Computer/Control Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Minimum 5 years working with SCADA and PLC systems
- Knowledge of all commonly used PLC programming languages
- Knowledge of industrial control circuits.
- Knowledge of networking and communication technologies
This role is primarily office based, with an element of travel to customer sites, therefore candidates should live within a reasonable commutable distance of Westfield, Central Scotland and hold a full driving licence.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant degree, diploma or certificate
Required licence or certification:
- Driving License